lick your elbow

Sunday, September 09, 2007

This entry was supposed to be longer but upon rereading it I got bored and decided to pose just this:

I remember a particular day when I was approximately 10 years old and still living at Manila, back when children were going gaga over those animal-loaded carts you get to bet on. For 1 peso you are entitled to a tiny piece of blank paper, and if you're lucky enough to have picked a specially marked one (invisible ink was used to mark the paper with an "X") and then placed that paper on the winning location (determined by the outcome of a dice rolled by the cart owner) you get a chance to pick an animal, usually a chick, of your choice. The chicks come in different colors: there are the traditional/original yellow ones, and the more unusual red, green and violet ones.

I was lucky enough to win the game (haha) and so I got to take a chick as my prize. I picked a violet one, and inspired by the dance craze of the time, I named the chick "Larusso". (If you can't remember Larusso, she's the singer of a certain dance hit.) After 4 hours (an estimate) of playing with Larusso, she died.

I'm not really a pet lover, by that I mean I'm not quite good at taking care of animals. So maybe it was my entirely fault, but I'm more convinced that what happened was out of my hands. I don't know what could probably be taken out of this, but I'm big on random memories right now.
A few days ago this long-forgotten violet chick Larusso story popped into my head and I just feel like posting it. Besides, I promised myself that I would update my blog before Sept. 17, exactly 1 year after my last entry (hehe)

1 Comments:

Blogger Mr. Poquiz is out there said...

tangina lupit mo mag-blog. =)

9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home